King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

Lancaster

HOME
Museum & Collections
Sales
Donations
Events
Contact Us

REGIMENTAL HISTORY
17th Century
18th Century
19th Century
20th Century
First World War
Second World War
Actions & Movements
Battle Honours

FAMILY HISTORY
Resources
Further Reading

PHOTO GALLERY
ENQUIRIES
FURTHER READING
LINKS


Photo Gallery

Regimental Chapel of the King's Own Royal Regiment.

Account of the Regimental Chapel


The foundation stone being laid for the Regimental Chapel, 7th August 1903.
Accession Number: KO1666/14


The foundation stone being laid for the Regimental Chapel, 7th August 1903.
Accession Number: KO1666/15


Order of Service for Laying of foundation stone, August 1903.
Accession Number: KO0624/04


Plan of proposed Memorial Chapel of the King's Own Royal Regiment, Austin & Paley, July 1903.
Accession Number: KO2235/46


Order of Service for the Dedication of the Regimental Chapel, July 1904.
Accession Number: KO0624/05


The names of the fallen recorded in the Regimental Chapel of the King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment, Lancaster Priory Church.
Accession Number KO2490/432


The bill for the Memorial Tablet to the officers and men who fell in the South African Campaign.


Interior of the Regimental Chapel.
Accession Number: KO0609/01


Coloured illustration of Chapel interior.
Accession Number: KO1121/050


View of Chapel from the Priory Church
Accession Number: KO2490/434


Proposed design for stained glass window in memory of the Colonel of the Regiment, HM King Edward VII.  The design was not used and the wall mounted memorial was used instead.
Accession Number: KO2490/443


Shrigley and Hunt photograph for the Memorial to King Edward VII in the Regimental Chapel.
Accession Number: KO2490/442


Interior of the King’s Own Royal Lancaster Regiment Chapel
Accession Number: KO0314/01-015d


Interior of the King’s Own Royal Lancaster Regiment Chapel
Accession Number: KO0314/01-015g


Shrigley and Hunt design for Stained Glass Window.
Accession Number: KO1017/083

    
Plans for the First World War shrine.  Designed by Austin & Paley, Architects, Lancaster in January 1922.  Unveiled by Field Marshall Earl Haig, in November 1924.


Memorial for those who fell in the First World War, detail.
Accession Number: KO2490/431

    
Interior Views of the Regimental Chapel, November 1927.
Accession Numbers: KO0013/16 and KO0013/17 & KO2490/430


Interior of Regimental Chapel.
Accession Number:KO2490/433


Postcard showing the King's Own Regimental Chapel.  The card is not dated, but dates from the First World War.  There is a message on the rear: 
"Dear Annie,
Hope you have not had to sit on Mary. How are you enjoying yourself, the weather here is showery. There has been an air raid some where near, quite a panic, lights all out and buzzers going.
Love Eve."
Accession Number: KO3046/51

    
The memorial to 2nd Lieutenant Christopher Hodgson (pictured right) who was killed in action on 22nd May 1941 in Iraq.  The memorial contains the memorial scrolls recording all those who fell in the First and Second World Wars.
Accession Number: KO0714/22 and KO1017/092


Alter of the Regimental Chapel, 1949.
Accession Number: KO0739/01


Book of Common Prayer from the King's Own Memorial Chapel.
Accession Number KO1728/01

Only a proportion of our collections are on display at anyone time.  Certain items are on loan for display in other institutions.  An appointment is required to consult any of our collections which are held in store.

© 2011 Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum