King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

Lancaster

HOME
Museum & Collections
Sales
Donations
Events
Contact Us

REGIMENTAL HISTORY
17th Century
18th Century
19th Century
20th Century
First World War
Second World War
Actions & Movements
Battle Honours

FAMILY HISTORY
Resources
Further Reading

PHOTO GALLERY
ENQUIRIES
FURTHER READING
LINKS

© Images are copyright, Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum.
 You must seek permission prior to publication of any of our images.


Photo Gallery

Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 1924.

Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27th November 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel

 


Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27 Nov 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel
The Field Marshall and General Sir Archibald Hunter, Colonel of the Regiment.
Accession Number: KO0439/01


Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27 Nov 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel
The Guard of Honour on Castle Green.
Accession Number: KO0861/15


Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27 Nov 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel
Field Marshall Earl Haig inspecting the Guard of Honour on Castle Green, Lancaster. Captain G R R Beaumont, Commanding the Guard of Honour.
Accession Number: KO0861/16 and KO1107/11


Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27 Nov 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel
Field Marshall Earl Haig inspecting the Guard of Honour on Castle Green, Lancaster. With him are General Sir Archibald Hunter, Colonel of the Regiment; Captain G R R Beaumont, Commanding Guard of Honour; Lieutenant Colonel John Bois, Commanding, Regimental Depot.
Accession Number: KO0861/17 and KO1107/10


Visit of Field Marshall Earl Haig to Lancaster, 27 Nov 1924, to unveil the 1914-18 War Memorial in the King’s Own Royal Regiment Chapel
Left to right: General Sir Archibald Hunter, Colonel of the Regiment; Field Marshall Earl Haig; Lieutenant Colonel John Bois, DSO, MC, Commanding Regimental Depot, Lieutenant Colonel O H L Nicholson, CMG, DSO, Commanding 1st Battalion, King’s Own Royal Regiment.
Accession Number: KO0861/18 and KO1107/09

© Images are copyright, Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum.
 You must seek permission prior to publication of any of our images.

Only a proportion of our collections are on display at anyone time.  Certain items are on loan for display in other institutions.  An appointment is required to consult any of our collections which are held in store.

© 2016 Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum