King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

Lancaster

HOME
Museum & Collections
Sales
Donations
Events
Contact Us

REGIMENTAL HISTORY
17th Century
18th Century
19th Century
20th Century
First World War
Second World War
Actions & Movements
Battle Honours

FAMILY HISTORY
Resources
Further Reading

PHOTO GALLERY
ENQUIRIES
FURTHER READING
LINKS


How we have changed!      page 3

80th Anniversary of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum


The King's Own collection originally occupied a ground floor room of the museum building.
Accession Number KO0172/08


'Room 2' on the ground floor of the museum.
Accession Number KO0172/07


In the 1960s the King's Own collection relocated to the first floor of the museum and occupied the former Magistrate Court
Accession Number KO2490/355


Once the collection had moved upstairs the collection was redisplayed in brand new cases.
Accession Number KO2490/362


These displays remained until the 1990s when the museum was again totally redisplayed which included the addition of a mezzanine floor.
Accession Number KO2490/363

How we have changed - introduction
Lord Derby opened the museum on 10th December 1929
Some early acquisitions

2009 Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum