King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

Lancaster

HOME
Museum & Collections
Sales
Donations
Events
Contact Us

REGIMENTAL HISTORY
17th Century
18th Century
19th Century
20th Century
First World War
Second World War
Actions & Movements
Battle Honours

FAMILY HISTORY
Resources
Further Reading

PHOTO GALLERY
ENQUIRIES
FURTHER READING
LINKS


How we have changed!      page 2

80th Anniversary of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

The museum was officially opened on 10th December 1929 by Lord Derby.


Lord Derby inspects soldiers of the regiment in Dalton Square, Lancaster.
Accession Number KO0125/01


Lord Derby and the official procession from Lancaster Town Hall to the museum in Market Square.
Accession Number KO0125/03


Lord Derby meets King's Own veterans of the First World War who are on parade in Market Square, Lancaster.
Accession Number KO0125/04


Lord Derby officially opens the door to the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum, Lancaster, 10th December, 1929.
Accession Number KO0125/06


View of the then Borough Museum (now City Museum) which includes the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum, Market Square, Lancaster.  10th December 1929.
Accession Number KO0125/07


Invitation to Mr and Mrs Bland, the Borough Curator, to the opening of the Regimental Museum.
Accession Number KO2533-007

How we have changed - introduction
How we have changed - how the museum looked
Some early acquisitions

2009 Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum